Keeping you safe and protected
The Muslim Family Centre seeks to establish and maintain an environment where our clients feel Safe & Secure, are encouraged to talk and are listened to when they have a worry or concern.
We understand the need to implement specific policies that ensure the safety of those at highest risk of abuse.
We establish and maintain an environment where our clients and teams feel safe, are encouraged to talk and are listened to when they have concerns about the Safety and/or Well-Being of those we serve.
“Everyone of you is a protector and guardian and responsible for your wards and things under your care…” The Prophet Muhammad (saw)
Sahih Bukhari & Muslim
Safeguarding and Women
1. Our scholars and service providers are advised to be vigilant and cautious when interacting with women, making sure not to place themselves or clients in suspicious circumstances, or situations which could potentially lead to acts of immorality, or circumstances in which they leave themselves vulnerable to accusations of such.
2. Strict regulations are placed regarding counselling/advice sessions given by our service providers to women, ensuring the safety of both the counsellor and client, and helping to create an environment of trust and responsibility.
2. Counselling sessions and private meetings should be monitored appropriately and sessions documented adequately, providing transparency and accountability for all parties while respecting the need for privacy and confidentiality.
3. All mixed gender interactions must strictly be in accordance with Islamic guidelines and principles set out within the four mainstream schools of Islamic jurisprudence.
4. All communications between our teams and women strictly take place via the official work channels only. Communications between our teams and women do not take place via personal emails, phone numbers, messaging services of any of our staff.
Safeguarding Children, Youth and Vulnerable Adults
1. It is of upmost importance that all the necessary precautions and duties are taken to
ensure that children and vulnerable people are protected at all times when engaging with our services. This includes ensuring that all the necessary health, safety and safeguarding policies and procedures are in place.
2. Our teams and service providers are trained in safeguarding procedures, ideally with certification of proof.
3. As an institution we ensure the proper Implementation of barriers of safety for all parties when necessary, facilitating for a strictly professional client-based relationship.
4. All due legal requirements regarding confidentiality and sensitivity of cases are always met.